In order to instill group spirit, as well as to eliminate vanity and competition on the basis of financial status etc., STUDENTS IN MONTESSORI THROUGH 12TH GRADE WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR THE APPROPRIATE SCHOOL UNIFORM. Our objective is to establish a habit of dress that is neat, modest and practical. The uniformity that we desire is in the taqwah in our hearts and extends far beyond the clothing that we wear. Al Madina is a private school with high Islamic and moral values and strict compliance to uniform mandates will be required.
General Guidelines for ALL students:
- The uniform will be worn by all children at Al Madina from Montessori through higher grades.
- The uniform is a statement of professionalism and pride for the Al Madina student. Adherence to these standards will is enforced daily.
- All students should wear basic black shoes preferably with soft soles to prevent slipping, ( Velcro closures recommended for elementary students).
- Students not in full uniform may be sent home to change and will be expected to return to school or be marked “unexcused” absence.
- Students must wear the school uniform on field trips, to readily identify them as part of our school group.
- On special occasions (e.g. school Eid Party etc.), you will be informed that the students may wear any other appropriate clothing instead of the uniform.
- Gym Uniform is to be worn on Gym Days (Tues & Thurs) for all students in KG-G9
- A new student (one who doesn’t start the first day of school) has two weeks – including weekend) to acquire the school uniform in its entirety, but may wear khaki or black to be considered in uniform colors
- During the fall and winter months, any sweater or jacket worn (not including coats) should be solid black or maroon/burgundy (no red) and no endorsements are allowed to be worn on outer wear; NO HOODIES ALLOWED
- Proper hygiene should be maintained at all times.
Download the Uniform Policy here: School Uniform Dress Code 2019-2020